Letter to Ward 2 Resident
Updated: Jun 6, 2022
June 5th, 2022
Dear Ward 2 resident,
I am honoured to have been your Ward 2 Councillor for 12 years since 2010 and have done my utmost to meet your needs. I would like to thank you for all your trust and support over the years. With my firsthand experience and knowledge of the specific issues facing Markham’s residents, I have ideas to improve our community on a larger scale. This is why I am announcing my intent to run for Regional Councillor in the upcoming municipal election this Fall. As a Regional Councillor, I would be able to serve not only Ward 2 residents, but all of Markham’s residents.
The primary issues that I would like to address are:
- Strategies to reduce traffic congestion and public transit fares, including exploring free transit for seniors through collaboration with York Regional Transit (YRT);
- Improving community and road safety of our neighbourhoods and strengthening York Regional Police (YRP) presence;
- Creating affordable housing and Markham Innovation Centre;
- Supporting seniors to live in an age-friendly community;
- Preserving Markham’s green space and cultural heritage.
I will be knocking on your door to listen to your concerns in the coming months. If I miss the opportunity to speak with you, please share your thoughts and ideas with me through email or social media. Together, we will build a better community.
Before the new council is elected in December, I will still be fulfilling my responsibilities as Councillor of Ward 2. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you need any help.
I look forward to your continuous support. Thank you.